So I spent the day volunteering at a charter school today (super bad, I know) and I discovered these main things:
– all the charter school teachers at Achievement First Fort Greene look like J.Crew models and are 20 somethings who live in Williamsburg/Ft. Greene/Clinton Hill. I had some feels.
– the charter school is actively expanding into public school buildings. kids were asked to behave “professionally” and act in a business like manner. middle school.
– one teacher bought 20 Beyoncé tickets to resell online because she wants to flip them for a profit. her credit card was maxed out.
– know your enemies. they will be well dressed and prepared.
– Capitalism needs brown and black bodies to function, from our school systems to our stadiums. I’m not with it.